Turn the key of the 300 year old front door and Stone Cottage welcomes you like a long lost friend. You will arrive with plans to climb the fells seen from every window, or simply use its central position as a base to explore…however as you fall under its spell you will be tempted not to leave. Let the stresses of life slide away and curl up on the sumptuous velvet sofas and gaze at the views of waterfalls and mountains – or sip champagne on the terrace, take tea under the shade of the cherry tree – the choices are endless and you will want to return!
Painstakingly and respectfully refurbished, original features have been exposed and new additions thoughtfully chosen to create a truly beautiful cottage with a sense of history and a sense of place – and boy what a place!…there are few settings which capture the essence of Lakeland better than this.
Inside the Farrow and Ball paints and fabrics from Liberty, Margo Selby and Osborne & Little, complement the finest local materials and artist’s works. Understated and elegant, Stone Cottage really feels loved and indulged with details rarely found in other holiday homes and it is easy to see why guests return year after year to this idyllic spot.
– Panoramic views
– Secluded position
– 4 bedrooms: King, Double and 2 single bedrooms – Egyptian cotton linens
– 2 bathrooms ; one with double- ended bath the second with shower
– Large bespoke hand-painted kitchen with local green slate floor (cooker, dishwasher, fridge-freezer, microwave)
– Utility and drying area with washer/dryer and original stone sink
– Cosy dining room
– Large living room with window seats and open fire – all logs provided
– Sunny front garden with terrace and luxurious garden furniture and Gas BBQ (summer only)
– Large rear fell-side garden full of Spring flowers
– Wifi (5Mbps)
– Bose soundock, Large flat screen Sony TV with 4K ready Blue-ray player, SkyQ Box with entertainment pack
– Telephone with local, evening and weekend calls included
– Vodafone reception (partial)
– Full oil-fired central heating and oodles of hot water.
– Welcome pack with fresh flowers, Prosecco and homemade cake
– L’Occitane toiletries and White Company towels included
– Parking for 3 cars
A luxuriously renovated character house which feels totally at home in it glorious surroundings. Thanks to the welcome, attention to detail and sound environmental policies of the owner Helen Griffiths, this is a self-catering property with the wow factor of a boutique hotel
England’s Northwest Tourism Awards 2007. Stone Cottage voted Self-Catering Holiday of the Year.
Stone Cottage has exerted its magic once more. Can’t imagine ever tiring of the beauty of the setting and the flair and generosity of spirit which makes staying in the cottage so special.
Fiona and Michael – September 2016
We think this is our 10th time we have stayed here, but continue to be amazed by what a glorious place Richard and Helen have made of it.
Oliver and Rosie – October 2016
Thank-you for sharing Stone Cottage with our family. You think of everything – and it is a joy to stay here. The cake and fizz were a wonderful welcome and delicious. This has to be one of the most sublime spots on earth. We have sat out on the gorgeous terrace and marvelled at the beauty of God’s green earth.
Fenandez family – August 2014
The smartest and most comfortable cottage we have ever stayed in. And the best views, of course. The cake, wine and fresh flowers were much appreciated and we love the local ethos behind your choice of fixtures and fittings. A total delight.
Riley family – September 2015
Our first stay here and I am sure it won’t be our last…a beautiful cottage in a stunning location to introduce the children to the lake district. We enjoyed some lovely walks to Glenridding and Brotherswater and found the waterfall from the lounge view.
Shipway Family – August 2013