A hare’s leap away from Stone Cottage at the foot of the glorious, unspoilt Deepdale Valley is our latest little barn conversion. It’s two front windows with their distinctive pointed tops remind us of the tips of two hare’s ears peeping into view above the immaculate beech hedge that bounds one side of the garden. That combined with our love of hares, seen occasionally in the valley together with the frequently spotted bunnies in the garden inspired the barn’s name.
Acquired by us at the end of 2019, it sits in the garden or “garth” of our new home in Deepdale and enjoys stunning views of the far eastern fells and up the Deepdale valley, over fields of grazing Herdwick sheep. This is a true rural idyll.
A refurbishment programme was completed in March 2020 and since lockdown, further improvements and additions have been made to both the exterior and interior. There is a new Morso woodburning stove, a brand new bathroom with freestanding bath and separate shower and a fabulous kitchen in soft grey with rustic and copper accents and integrated appliances. The interior design will be a mix of mid-century (Heals sofa) with Scandi-rustic charm so it will sit between the styles of Hart Barn and Stone Cottage. Our little Hare will have its own distinctive style which harmonizes with the rural setting and breathtakingly beautiful views.
– Detached setting in the grounds of a historic farmsteading
– 1 bedroom on the ground floor with Superking or twin beds with amazing Harrison pocket sprung matress. Cole and Son Wallpaper and designer lighting.
– Bathroom adjacent to bedroom with contemporary V&A freestanding bath and separate shower. Duravit and Hansgrohe fittings.
– Open plan living/dining/kitchen on first floor with great views
– Kitchen equipped with Neff slide and hide oven, induction hob and dishwasher. Built in washer-dryer and fridge/freezer. Microwave. Top of the range Silestone worksurfaces with undermount sink.
– 32″ Sony TV with freesat and DVD player
– Pure Bluetooth music player with CD player
– Wi-fi (c 2Mbps) and 4G mobile reception (EEonly). Landline telephone.
– Oil fired central heating
– Morso woodburner – logs provided
– Pure Lakes handmade toiletries and White Company Towels provided
– Lovely fabrics from English designers (Rapture and Wright, Louisa Loakes)
– Incorporating works from local artists and designer/makers
– Private terrace with panoramic views
– Welcome pack with fresh flowers and a bottle of wine
– Parking for 1 car on a level area with steps to the property
– Sorry, no pets
New photos coming soon!!! See our blog page for the latest information.
“Exceptional!” I could write for pages and pages this but one word suffices. We have now a list of ideas to upgrade our own home. WE WILL BE BACK.”
Maurice and Lynette – August 2020
“We have had a wonderful week and love Hares Garth. You have renovated it beautifully, with your amazing eye for detail and the views are spectacular.”
Judith and Dougie – August 2020
“Very stylish, tasteful and everything altogether perfect. We would recommend your wonderful cottage to anyone.”
Cath and Adrian – August 2020
We love love love Hares Garth, such a cosy haven to retreat to. It’s perfect and the little touches are fabulous – the cake was delicious! We loved watching the sheep in the field and the terrace is the perfect place from drinking tea, eating cake and pilates!! Thank-you for the walking advice.”
Iain and Vicki – July 2020