A hare’s leap away from Stone Cottage at the foot of the glorious, unspoilt Deepdale Valley is our latest little barn conversion. It’s two front windows with their distinctive pointed tops remind us of the tips of two hare’s ears peeping into view above the immaculate beech hedge that bounds one side of the garden. That combined with our love of hares, seen occasionally in the valley together with the frequently spotted bunnies in the garden inspired the barn’s name.
Acquired by us at the end of 2019, it sits in the garden or “garth” of our new home in Deepdale and enjoys stunning views of the far eastern fells and up the Deepdale valley, over fields of grazing Herdwick sheep. This is a true rural idyll.
A refurbishment programme due to be completed early March 2020 will see the addition of a new woodburning stove, a brand new bathroom with freestanding bath and separate shower and a fabulous kitchen in soft grey with rustic and copper accents and integrated appliances. The interior design will be a mix of mid-century (Heals sofa) with Scandi-rustic charm so it will sit between the styles of Hart Barn and Stone Cottage. Our little Hare will have its own distinctive style which harmonizes with the rural setting and breathtakingly beautiful views.
– Detached setting in the grounds of a historic farmsteading
– 1 bedroom on the ground floor with Superking or twin beds
– Bathroom adjacent to bedroom with V&A freestanding bath and separate shower. Duravit and Hansgrohe fittings.
– Open plan living/dining/kitchen on first floor with great views
– Kitchen equipped with Neff slide and hide oven, induction hob and dishwasher. Built in washer-dryer and fridge/freezer. Microwave. Silestone worksurfaces with undermount sink.
– 32″ Sony TV with freesat and DVD player
– Pure Bluetooth music player with CD player
– Wi-fi (c 2Mbps) and 4G mobile reception (EEonly). Landline telephone.
– Oil fired central heating
– Morso woodburner
– Pure Lakes handmade toiletries and White Company Towels provided
– Lovely fabrics from English designers
– Incorporating works from local artists and designer/makers
– Private terrace with panoramic views
– Welcome pack with fresh flowers and a bottle of wine
– Parking for 1 car on a level area with steps to the property
– Sorry, no pets
Coming soon!!! See our blog page for the latest information.
“Hares Garth is a beautiful cosy cottage. The tawny owls have been in good voice during our stay and it is lovely to be able to sit and look out over the fields to the hills beyond. We hadn’t realised that sheep could be so entertaing, we’ve sat and watched them for hours. See you again and we look forward to seeing the changes.” Lynn and Alison, December 2019
“Thank-you for a wonderful stay at Hares Garth..we really could not have asked for more! The cottage is fabulously warm, cosy and beautifully presented. We loved the stunning views and really felt at home in the tranquil surroundings. Excellently situated to enjoy some fine walks…we look forward to visiting again.” Neil and Georgina, January 2020