What began as a stable is now our much loved cottage-style apartment adjacent to Hart Barn tucked away in the delightful conservation village of Hartsop. From the handcrafted internal oak doors inlaid with Jo Vincent’s fused glass through to the local green slate in the contemporary bathroom, what sets this ground floor property apart is the attention to detail.
Thought has been given to the layout from the position of the sofa to capture the ever changing mountain views through to the clever use of a wall bed in the single bedroom so that when not required there is space for storage and a dressing room.
Walk into the welcoming hall and admire the old bridle hooks which are now used as coat pegs before settling down in the sociable living area with its lovely glowing gas fire and very well appointed kitchen. In the summer you can explore the garden (shared with us) or relax on new stone terrace and admire the lake views.
In every season and in every room Willow Cottage feels warm and generous – a small flat but it has a big heart!
– Historic village setting
– 1 bedroom: Double (to be superking with zip and link bed in 2020)
– Bathroom with powerful shower over bath
– Open-plan living/dining room with fell views and modern kitchen to rear
– Kitchen equipped with Neff oven and hob, dishwasher, microwave, fridge freezer, washer-dryer
– 32” Sony TV with freesat and DVD player
– Pure bluetooth music player with CD player
– Wi-fi (superfast fibre)
– Full oil fired central heating – this is a super-warm property
– Jotul gas “woodburner-style” stove
– Pure Lakes handmade toiletries and White Company towels included
– Use of owners large garden with stream, ponds and lake views
– Welcome pack with bottle of wine
– Parking for 1 car
– Sorry, not pets
With many thanks for your hospitality and welcome wine, flowers and milk – much appreciated.It has been a wonderful week in your wonderful cottage and wonderful weather. A special place.
Guyda and Bob – June 2018
Beautiful, well-equipped cottage with fantastic views. Couldn’t be better. We have had a wonderful time and have fallen in love with Hartsop and the surrounding fells.
Neil and Carol – March 2018
Superb cottage, well equipped, beautifully maintained and furnished – and in breathtaking scenery. We loved watching the birds, sitting outside and soaking up the view and our walks from the door.
Irene and David – July 2017
Everything you could want for a perfect holiday, from a warm and generous welcome to an emergency supply of nuts for the bird feeder which must be the best in Britain!
Mike and Anne – June 2017
Fantastic cottage and location….loved the local walks to fells and around Brotherswater. Beautifully decorated for Christmas.
Tony, Jane and Michael – December 2016
The place is stunning inside and out with perfect amenities and so beautifully finished with all the gorgeous wood. Beautiful walks around Ullswater and Patterdale. Comfy beds to finish it off!
Jess and Paul – March 2015